Francis Parker Lower School, was founded in 1912 by Col. Francis W. Parker. The original campus, located in the heart of Mission Hills, was designed by Templeton Johnson. The school is configured in a traditional Spanish style courtyard with all sixteen classrooms oriented towards the commons.
The master plan, completed in 1998, contemplates the addition of ten new classrooms and the renovation of all sixteen existing classrooms, the construction of a new library, technology center, two new science classrooms, two foreign language labs and a new cafeteria. Thematically, the architectural character shall maintain the charm and feel of the existing structures while balancing the integration of technology throughout all new and old spaces. Care has been given to emulate the historic details. Shaped rafter tail, vine ensconced arbors and floated glass windows have been incorporated into the proposed construction.